Jamieson & Yannucci Funeral Home has evolved as a result of a family commitment to serve the Piqua area as funeral service professionals. Thomas J. Jamieson, Sr. and his wife Erma founded the Jamieson Funeral Home in 1940. The original funeral home was located at 512 N. Main St. and was the seventh funeral home in Piqua at that time. The funeral home was relocated to the former Marion Freshour residence at 333 W. High St. in 1941. Tom and Erma resided in the home for many years. In addition to helping her husband, Erma was a Registered Nurse at the former Piqua Memorial Hospital. Tom Sr. is remembered for his genuine caring and his humor. He and Erma continued to work at the funeral home until their deaths in 1973 and 1974 respectively.
Following college and a period of service to his country, Thomas J. Jamieson Jr. returned to Piqua in 1958 with his wife Charlyne to join in the family business. During the 1960's and 1970's, several Piqua funeral homes ceased operations which placed additional burdens on the staff and facilities at the funeral home. One of their challenges was successfully adjusting to the increased workload while maintaining the personal attention they felt bereaved families required. 2007 was solemnly marked with the untimely death of Tom Jr. at the age of 76.
Michael P. Yannucci, originally a funeral director in Springfield, joined the funeral home and moved to Piqua in 1976. He became a partner in 1980, which precipitated the expansion of the name to Jamieson & Yannucci Funeral Home. Susan K. Jamieson married Michael in 1981, obtained her Funeral Director license in 1984, and they now represent the third generation to continue the family business. The Yannucci's have four children, Emily and Mike now on their own, Nicholas attending college, and Maria attending high school. While maintaining the high level of activity at home, Susan tends to the administrative responsibilities at the funeral home. The Yannucci's say that it is "too soon" to determine if there is an interest by any of their children to become the fourth generation.
In late 2008, we opened our new funeral home at 333 W. High St. The construction of this new funeral home was precipitated by the age and declining condition of the original home from the early 1900's. This completely ADA accessible building possesses a comfortable home atmosphere to accommodate your family and guests. Our new location also provides an increase in parking for your ease of use. Our ability to remain at the same central location in the city of Piqua has proved convenient for those in our community, as well as guests arriving from out of town. Our professional staff is continually working to become better educated in order to both facilitate the increase in the number of families served, and to provide the comprehensive service expected of funeral directors today. Our firm enjoys the best combination of staff members necessary to continue providing these services to Piqua and the surrounding Miami and Shelby County areas.